Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Acid.info needs a visionary motion designer to join its Digital Content Studio. Our chosen candidate will be comfortable pushing the boundaries of digital content production to deliver our message across multiple mediums, applying technological solutions to ensure maximum efficiency while maintaining the highest standards.
We are building a grassroots movement to create technological alternatives to oppressive systems of societal control. Vehemently anti-censorship, anti-surveillance and anti-authoritarian, we support basic human rights via the creation of opt-in alternatives to traditional power structures.
Working closely with experienced activists, our ideal candidate is one who firmly aligns with our political and philosophical ethos. We’re not looking for someone that is just “into crypto/web3” but an individual that lives and breathes cypherpunk ideals and shows a passion for disruption through unconventional means.
- Design digital content for video, templates, and editing
- Create assets and animations used in stream live as well as animations and templates used in post
- Work with/animate/edit video clips to create assets for twitter, youtube and other channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including creative leads, product owners, developers, designers, artists and other content creators
You ideally have:
- 2+ years proven experience in a professional motion or post production role
- A portfolio or reel of work to showcase experience and creativity
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Adobe After Effects for animation and post work
- Solid knowledge of editing in Adobe Premier or similar
- Knowledge of Stable Diffusion and experience working AI into the content creation workflow
- Working knowledge of some 3D package: Maya, C4D, etc.
- Understanding of design principles and user-centered design processes
- Ability to clearly present creative ideas and concepts for campaigns and projects
- A strong alignment with our principles
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity, etc.
- Web3 experience
- Experience working with an open-source organization
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
- Interview with our Talent team
- Paid task
- Interview with Digital Content Studio Lead
- Interview with Creative Director
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline]