The gaming industry is changing at lightning speed. From the growth of free-to-play and battle royale games to the arrival of play-to-earn games and GameFi, the industry is evolving at a rapid pace. Nyan Heroes is at the forefront of this evolution focused on building a AAA battle royale game that is launching its alpha late 2023. To further involve and empower players fairly in every aspect of the game and economy, Nyan Heroes will be leveraging the benefits of the blockchain while also positioning itself as the benchmark for fair, sustainable game development in this space. We aim to lead the advancement of the GameFi industry technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role
The Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer will be responsible for implementing the network components and topology of the game. They will be working closely with the Gameplay Designers and Gameplay Programmers.
They will need to have a good understanding of the impact of networking on gameplay, and how best to design and implement multiplayer features so that they work adequately within the network constraints.
The Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer needs a deep understanding of the different network topology (most importantly those related to client/server model), bandwidth constraints and key algorithms, and data structures that help optimize networking. They will need to write robust code that scales for large multiplayer sessions (over 60 players per server)
The Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer will need to have a good grasp of network optimization and profiling.
What you’ll be doing
The Multiplayer Gameplay Programmer will be expected to fulfil the following duties:
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of Gameplay features
- Define the set of data that should or should not be replicated
- Enhance and create new replication models
- Implement network topology for Client to Dedicated Server Model
- Optimize network bandwidth and server load
- Profiling and Debugging network
*Prior Unreal experience not required, but is a huge bonus
- Education level: College Diploma or University Degree
- Experience: 10+
- Skills: Proficient in C++, Good understanding of networking topology, good debugging and optimization skills, deep understanding of algorithms and data structures related to networking and gameplay.
- Optional Skills: Proficient in UE4/UE5, Experience with remote teams, experience with git-flow, experience with Online WebServices
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
About Nyan Heroes
Nyan Heroes is a AAA F2P play-and-earn third person shooter (TPS) that will first be deployed on the PC. In Nyan Heroes, you play as a Nyan cat piloting a Guardian Mech set in a futuristic world where elements of fantasy and science fiction intertwine. Our goal is to create a rich gaming experience, backed by a fair, sustainable in-game economy, that players deeply enjoy, regardless of skill or investment. We’ve chosen to build on the Solana blockchain because it is a carbon-neutral blockchain and can support all of Nyan Heroes on-chain activities with minimal impact to our planet.
Nyan Heroes’ talented team is currently composed of 45+ individuals from gaming, new media, and web3. Our heroes already have previous experience in building global communities and launching crypto native projects. More than two-thirds of our team comes from AAA game studios including Ubisoft, Crystal Dynamics, EA, 2K, Riot, and more. We are proud to have one of the most experienced design, art, and development teams in the play-to-earn ecosystem.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture, founded on kindness. Nyan Heroes has a positive, diverse, and healthy remote work environment that supports everyone.