We simplify wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, we’re here to help people trust themselves enough to build their financial freedom — for now and the future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks*, precious metals and commodities* they want — with any sized budget, 24/7. Our global team works across different cultures and time zones, bringing our products to more than 4 million customers, making us one of Europe’s safest and most secure platforms that powers modern investing.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. It’s these diverse perspectives and innovative minds operating as ONE TEAM that keep Bitpanda at the cutting edge of our industry. So if you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
About the role
Are you a solution-oriented, self-driven Payroll Specialist who’s ready to solve complex problems?
As our Austrian Payroll Specialist, you’ll love to be hands-on in order to deal with the complex legalities, regulations and logistics of the Austrian payroll landscape. You’ll also support multiple employee payroll bases — for our European hubs— ensuring an incredible service for our colleagues.
What you’ll do
- Manage the end-to-end payroll process for 200+ employees with multi-country operations and a strong focus on Austrian payroll.
- Manage monthly payroll accounting and reconciliation partnering with Finance and Treasury teams.
- Maintenance of payroll records and files including, but not limited to PTO and other accrued leave.
- Advise our People Operations team on various payroll-relevant topics and more.
- Partner cross-functionally with our People Operations, Accounting, Legal and Treasury teams to:
- Reconcile recurring and non-recurring entries on the monthly payroll checklist against the payroll change reports.
- Enter non-recurring payroll mutations and adjustments in the global payroll system.
- Reconcile benefit in kind and monthly reconciliations of employee and employer contributions to third-party vendors.
Who you are
- 2-3 years’ of Austrian payroll experience and very good knowledge of Austrian labour law
- Technical courage – ability to work with a variety of HR-Tools (working knowledge of Workday preferred) and passion for numbers and data, and navigating the complexities of an international scope.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints whilst maintaining the utmost attention to detail. Organisational, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills are an additional plus.
- A team player (no egos!), quick comprehension, solution-oriented and precise way of working; ability to work reliably both independently as well as with other players across the company.
- Full professional proficiency in German (both written and verbal) and English is required.
What’s in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
And, above all, the opportunity to learn and grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.