The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization of approximately 150 people dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Your mission will be to develop and lead EF’s people operations, driving forward people-related projects and serving as a resource on various people matters within the organization. As the primary person in the EF whose specific mandate is about people operations, you will support team leads of independent teams as different people needs arise, work with the leadership in planning and strategizing, and execute initiatives with other operational teams.
- Build, improve, and implement people policies and processes
- Together with other operational teams and staff, this role will maintain and improve existing people practices and will also create and implement new ones where there’s a need. These may touch upon compensation, performance reviews and feedback, benefits, onboarding, compliance, and team effectiveness.
- Support team leads of independent teams with people needs and opportunities
- At EF, team leads run their teams with autonomy, using what works best for them. This role will support the team leads by providing resources for different needs as they arise.
- Support team leads in hiring more effectively
- Many teams at the EF seek to improve their hiring processes. This includes keeping better track of hiring activities and the talent pipeline across the organization, and helping team leads with job descriptions and negotiations.
- Support the leadership in planning and strategizing around people operations
- Researching and using industry standards and relevant data, this role will support EF’s leadership to identify effective, proactive approaches and initiatives to a wide range of people matters, including internal communications, organizational development, compliance, and professional development.
- Gather, monitor, and analyze relevant HR data
- This role will determine what statistics and data are valuable to the EF and will collect them and use the findings to guide strategies and decision making.
- Employ external expertise and tools
- As a one-person people operations team, this role will work closely with other operational teams that already fill some HR roles. In addition, this role will also engage external expertise, services, and tools as well as additional staff, where appropriate.
- You’re excited about building a new way of working and organization. EF is unique: flat, decentralized, remote first, and roles > titles. You enjoy creatively solving new challenges associated with this unique setting that very few people might have tackled before.
- You want to work at a mission-aligned organization, with people pursuing a shared vision for a better future.
- You’re able to zoom in and out. While meticulously meeting recurring and ad hoc tasks and needs, you are able to take a higher vantage point, finding patterns to improve and strategize.
- You’re comfortable in creating flexible solutions. One size doesn’t always fit all at EF and its independent teams. You respect and empower each team with nuances and what works best for them.
- You’re eager to take on larger responsibilities over time. You want a role that gives you many opportunities to grow your professional knowledge and skillset at a rapid pace.
Required skills and experience:
- 6 or more years working in HR or people ops positions of increasing responsibilities
- Have experience in, and working knowledge of, different fields within HR (i.e., generalist > specialist)
- Experience working directly with management in creating, improving, and implementing HR systems, processes, policies and strategies
- Experience working for a tech company either at its HR team or as a HR consultant
- Experience working in HR at an organization of 50 to 300 people
- Experience working in HR at a remote or distributed organization
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English
- [Bonus] Familiarity with Ethereum, crypto or blockchain
- Full-time position
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
To apply to this position, please include a brief (less than one page) cover letter explaining your qualifications, along with a resume or CV.