The DAI Credit System is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs), autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact – for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions – by everyone.
Day to day responsibilities
As People Operations Manager, you will:
- Own all facets of people-related operations systems (ATS, HRIS, Payroll): you know where our information is and how to report on it.
- Facilitate documenting our core recruiting processes to ensure a positive candidate experience and efficiently find and bring aboard the best and brightest in BlockChain (through our Contract Recruiting Specialists / Search Firms).
- Partner with Marketing and across functions to design and deliver an annual team offsite and potentially other team building events.
- Lead the charge in refining processes to support employee lifecycle stages: from onboarding, to engagement, gathering employee feedback, and facilitating recognition (to name a few).
- Champion collaborative cross-functional relationships with operations, finance, legal, development, TechOps and hiring managers to ensure the successful onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Ensure appropriate compliance measures are in place around worker data, agreements, as well as national, state/provincial or local employment requirements are met.
- Design and implement people programs, policies and workflows that are efficient, scalable, and compliant across our various offices.
- Partner with Communications and Operations to evolve the employee resource guide (e.g. intranet) and internal communications to ensure that company-wide practices align with company culture.
- Bring with you a desire to learn about organizational culture + engagement programs, compensation, long-term incentive plans, benefits administration, and corporate risk policies.
- A keen sense of humor– laughter gets us all through the day is a plus.
- Cultural intelligence: you have experience in working with people from varied parts of the world.
- Resilient and patient personality in the face of uncertainty.
- 5+ years’ experience in People Operations.
- Experience with business process creation and change management.
- Experience with Gusto, Gsuite and Greenhouse.
- High level of ownership, confidentiality, attention to detail, and a passion for documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.