The project & role
We’re scaling up, and we’re looking for a new People Partner to help support Status growth.
We’re a people-first organisation and our team mission is to create the conditions for every contributor to be able to do their best work. We want to scale while keeping true to our values, and remain as decentralised and flat as possible. We constantly look for the perfect balance of empathy and technology to build processes and systems that incentivise accountability and performance within a culture of continuous learning and caring for each other.
We look at the People experience at Status as our product. We prioritise projects that have the most impact. We test, ship and tweak new ideas, we’re not afraid to fail – as long as we fail quickly and learn.
The People team is currently composed of Pepper, Angel and Sabin as Talent Partners, and Stef & Terry on the People side.
We’re location-agnostic, but the majority of us happen to be between UTC +/- 4. You can be anywhere as long as you’re comfortable with some hours of overlap.
This list is not exhaustive, but will give you a sense of what you’ll typically be working on
- Analyse our people data and make recommendations to improve contributor experience and products/projects success
- Help new team members with onboarding and general support of older tenured contributors
- Continuously improve our rituals and processes
- Maintain the company handbook; support migration to a new platform and keep enriching content
- Select vendors (e.g. we’re looking for new solutions for our ATS, Engagement Survey provider, Swag providers, etc) and manage transitions
- Support L&D initiatives
- Build a first-class async culture, with an emphasis on well structured documentation and facilitation of long-form discussions
- Help organise events, collaborations, all-hands meetings and team retreats (when we’ll be able to travel again)
- Staying true to our principles of decentralization, support & collaborate across all projects as we scale, to improve internal efficiencies (such as automation of repetitive tasks) with a primary focus on contributor experience and an emphasis on being a “best place” to work
- Be a business partner for team leads and contributors alike
You ideally will have:
- A few years experience running people ops programs in tech scaleups (100-500 FTE and above)
- Experience with remote teams and excellent async communication skills
- A strong alignment to our principles https://status.im/about/#our-principles and to the vision around blockchain technology
- Experience with software engineering teams (e.g as a previous Product Owner or HRBP/Generalist).
- Ability to facilitate collaboration across different time zones and functions
- Experience organising events for a completely distributed team
- Very strong emotional intelligence and empathy
- Experience with automating repetitive processes and removing obstacles/clunky bureaucracy
- Strong cross-cultural awareness
- You’ve been working with a blockchain project before
- If you have experience with any of the following, be sure to mention it in your application:
- Location-agnostic contracting, employment and benefits
- Compensation frameworks for remote-first organisations
- Lean Performance management systems
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain why in your cover letter]
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70 – $90,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/ For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our People Ops team
- Interview with Terry
- Interview with Stef + a Team Lead
- A short, paid technical assignment
- Interview with Carl, our CEO
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new People Partner (you?) to join us as soon as possible, and we’re hoping to close the hiring process ideally by mid-July.