The Solana Foundation has a mission to help support and grow the Solana network and its community while driving mass adoption for blockchain. Based in Switzerland, the Solana Foundation is working to realize a world where individuals own their data, use permissionless networks, and transfer information freely around the world.
Overview of Role:
Solana Foundation is seeking an experienced Podcast Producer to join our team on a contractual basis for a term of 6 months with an expected time commitment of 10 to 20 hours per week. Contract can be renewed or extended.
In this role, you will lead the planning, development, production and release of a weekly informational and technical podcast for a growing blockchain company from concept to delivery. As part of your duties, you will explore and pitch topics, develop ideas, research and book guests, and work with the production team to edit, mix and deliver each episode. You will manage the release of episodes on all platforms, in both video and audio formats. Additionally, you will devise strategies to grow the audience base across platforms.
We are looking for a skilled audio storyteller who’s got a knack for finding untold stories grounded in evolving technology and its use cases; someone who can identify key and impactful segments from conversations and interviews, and can craft alongside a small team a compelling podcast that improves the knowledge base and expands community. You must be highly organized, self-directed, have experience managing teams and delegating tasks to team members. You provide ongoing support to the production team, ensuring seamless execution of plans to meet established deadlines and creative briefs.
The ideal candidate is an expert with logistics, and can easily keep track of multiple episodes at once while fielding new requests. They are proactive and identify potential bottlenecks in the schedule.
- Develop and produce weekly podcast episodes.
- Explore and pitch topics, as well as develop ideas for new episodes.
- Research, pre-interview and book guests for each episode.
- Manage and maintain production schedule.
- Work with the production team to record, edit, mix and deliver each episode.
- Ship and collect microphone kits to and from guests.
- Quality check every episode.
- Develop a data-driven programming calendar based on search, social and historical trends.
- Drive distribution and social media strategies to grow listenership across platforms.
- 5+ years of podcast production and editing experience.
- Strong understanding of audio and video production process is a strong plus, including audio editing, audio restoration, mixing and mastering for podcasts, as well as video editing, animation and motion graphics.
- Experience building and editing complex stories with sound.
- Strong editorial judgment: able to identify when stories or parts of stories don’t work, diagnoses reasons, identifies solutions, and effectively communicates those notes to producers.
- End to end creative process management experience working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Dedication to a collaborative working environment.
- Proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid experience in file/media management for remote workflows (Google Drive, Box, Frame.io, etc) is a strong plus.
- Interest, knowledge and/or experience with cryptocurrency and blockchain technology is a strong plus.
Pay commensurate with experience.