Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, environmentally sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world.
Hedera is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking, financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing. The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information. Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry.
We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the President role:
The Hedera Council is looking for a President to lead the implementation and execution of all Council-approved strategies and policies, with a mandate to accelerate network utilization while maintaining enterprise-grade network governance. The President will lead Hedera’s executive team and be responsible for operational excellence. The President will report to Hedera’s Board of Directors, work closely with Council Members and the Council’s Chair, and collaborate with key Hedera ecosystem stakeholders.
- Provide inspired leadership and clear communication of Hedera’s strategy to stakeholders.
- Deliver increased personnel performance and budget efficiencies.
- Keep the Board of Directors and Council Members well-informed through consistent, effective reporting.
- Develop and effectively delegate operational plans to achieve the Council’s objectives and ensure best-in-class governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) controls.
- Facilitate and maintain the long-term, Council-approved strategic plan for network sustainability and security.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Hedera Council.
- Develop and maintain an effective team culture that promotes great performance and positive morale across the organization.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Oversee the Hedera Council’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Identify and address strategic problems and opportunities for the Hedera network.
- Build alliances and partnerships.
- Oversee Hedera’s day-to-day operations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a startup environment.
- Experience working in, or closely with, top global enterprises.
- Experience being responsible for the overall financial performance of an organization equal to or greater than the scope, size and complexity of Hedera Hashgraph LLC.
- Experience leading teams and being responsible for personnel management and development in compliance with established industry best practices.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and lead in a trustworthy manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and delegate effectively.
- Demonstrable emotional intelligence when interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Skills and Experience Preferences:
- Experience leading deliberations and negotiating a consensus within a multi-stakeholder governance structure, e.g., industry standards bodies, open source foundations, etc.
- Experience being responsible for the corporate governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) controls of an organization with comparable scope and scale as the Hedera network and treasury, ideally in regulated industries such as financial services.
- Experience in a senior management position related to distributed ledger technology (“DLT”).
- Ability to represent Hedera as an effective spokesperson at conferences and in press interviews.
Education: Minimum BS/BA (MBA preferred) and 8+ years of management experience.
Location: Remote, willing to travel as needed.