Building the Internet of Money
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Cryptowatch.
Become a Krakenite and build the internet of money!
Proof of work
Our global Compliance team is redefining how compliance should be done – we challenge the norms and practices of the incumbent industry participants to identify ways to make Compliance at Kraken a competitive advantage. Our teams navigate the regulatory uncertainty and changing policy positions of global regulators and governments to help chart a path that ensures Kraken is successful in a truly dynamic industry.
- Provide world leading subject matter expertise on crypto investigations, and mentorship to the wider team
- Engage credibly with other industry participants and, on occasion, government agencies, in order to protect Kraken from on-chain crime
- Perform in-depth investigative research on the most complex and highest risk cases, delving into companies and/or individuals who are clients, and connected parties by utilizing a range of internal data (e.g. transaction activity, KYC) and external data (e.g. blockchains, internet, media, legal, corporate and other publicly available records and databases). Investigations entail Kraken’s operations globally
- Analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data sets to produce in-depth and high-quality written reports that provide assessments of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations
- Identify the strategic implications for Kraken of these investigations and other developments in on-chain ML/TF trends, and work with internal partners to identify mitigations
- Liaise with other operations and Regional Compliance Officers and Money Laundering Reporting Officers as needed during an investigation or in relation to strategic or control matters arising
- Take ownership of operational processes and cross team initiatives and make them work efficiently and effectively
- Mentor members of staff on how how to conduct better financial and crypto investigations
- Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and AML typologies, applying this knowledge through analysis of transaction data to identify unusual activity
- Stay abreast on industry standards and developments in the areas of crypto crime and compliance, BSA/AML, and OFAC, and apply regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures to case investigations
- Take on ad-hoc compliance projects to a high standard with minimal oversight (e.g. process improvements, deliver response to new regulatory requirements)
Skills you should HODL
- Minimum four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Ultra advanced industry knowledge and crypto investigations experience (private or government sector)
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Resourceful, and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and identify patterns and develop conclusions
- Experience of mentoring and training
- Experience of engaging with high level internal and external stakeholders credibly and in a manner that safeguards the interests of the company
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to perform data analysis
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems for conducting data analysis
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Law, International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field
- CAMS certification and/or blockchain investigations accreditation(s)
- Proficiency in another language
- Ability to undertake weekend/shift working
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.