As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
We are expanding our Privacy team to handle our rapidly accelerating business. We have an exciting opportunity for the right person looking to start their privacy career and work with our teams worldwide as part of our global compliance group.
This position will have the opportunity for growth – within the privacy team and Kraken itself. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate effectively between multiple teams in the organization. You should be able to spot trends and see the big picture while successfully handling individual tasks.
- Respond to data subject access requests, data deletion requests, and opt-outs
- Balance advocating for our customer’s privacy requests with Kraken’s larger KYC/AML obligations
- Assist in writing and updating policies, procedures, and templates for responding to public requests about customer data and/or our data protection practices
- Coordinate with internal teams to see customer requests through to completion
- Assist with responding to data protection authorities as needed
- Assist with creating and updating privacy metrics and dashboards
- Demonstrated interest in privacy and data protection
- 2+ years professional experience in Privacy or Customer Support
- Ability to write clearly and concisely in English
- Unafraid to ask questions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency exchange or banking KYC/AML
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Experience with ticket-style support systems
- Ability to read and write in languages in addition to English
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.