Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
Our Product Compliance team, in particular, is responsible for building frameworks for new and exciting products/features launches in accordance with applicable legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
What You’ll be Doing:
This role will oversee the development of the Product Compliance Program partnering closely with other Compliance Leaders, Legal, Product, Engineering and Risk. This role will develop and maintain a strong controls environment leading to the early identification and sustainable mitigation of product risk – based on his/her knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
In this role you will:
- Own, design and manage the buildout of a global Product Compliance Program, including but not limited to strategy, roadmap and controls to address regulatory requirements.
- Support expansion of global product launches by scoping, identifying and communicating compliance requirements for new and modified products.
- Communicate our compliance framework and Product Compliance Program requirements to all relevant stakeholders (internal and external).
- Engage cross-functionally (with groups such as Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to establish a thoughtful strategic and tactical approach to our Product Compliance Program and related processes.
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments in the industry.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 4+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries.
- Experience in product compliance advisory roles.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services regulations, compliance, policies, process, and procedures.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end-to-end product compliance solutions and controls aligned with group processes.
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and lead discussions comfortably with senior levels of management and regulators.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, including BSA/AML, Sanctions, and money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks.
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Haves:
- CAMS, PMI, or equivalent certification
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.