When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we’re dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
We’re looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Product Design Lead with a passion for NFTs and NFT marketplaces to join our Product Design team. This designer will help us shape innovative products and tools across platforms to create the very best experience for users of OpenSea. In this role, you’ll be working together with your counterparts in Product, Design and Engineering to define the strategy and vision that guide the team in building great products and addressing real user needs. If you’re excited about the opportunity to build and shape the future of marketplaces and empowering creators and collectors, OpenSea is the place for you!
- Lead and oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch in partnership with Product Managers and Engineers
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of OpenSea products
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Conceptualize near-term solutions to long-term aspirations, and build consensus around a product strategy forward
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design and product colleagues to help improve on the whole experience
- Experience designing complex end-to-end user journeys
- A passion for web3 and the role NFTs play in building a new creator economy
- Ability to tackle ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Ability to design and advocate for high-quality, well-crafted, visual and interaction design
- Comfortable leading both large ambiguous projects as well as smaller tactical ones
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $160,000 to $305,000 plus benefits & equity.