The Internet has opened the doors for universal, cross-border, and non-violent collaborative effort to fight for our freedom. However, the Internet has also opened the doors for global surveillance and manipulation. We believe humankind should use technology as a liberating tool to unleash all the goodwill and creativity of our species, rather than as a tool to enslave and take advantage of one another. Thus, Aragon is a fight for freedom. Aragon empowers freedom by creating liberating tools that leverage decentralized technologies. — The Aragon Manifesto
Aragon Association is a small, remote-only team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geography. We’re dropouts and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the Americas and Europe, who are designing and building tools to secure and govern decentralized organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system.
As a Product Designer you are responsible for ensuring our users and community have a unique and engaging experience when using our products.
💪 What do we expect from a Product Designer?
- The Product design is a user-centric person – Your decisions are taken thinking about the interactions our users will have with our products, and how to improve such interactions to achieve higher user satisfaction as well as achieve our business goals.
- Strong communication skills to interact with multiple stakeholders / profiles within the company.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams, specially with product managers and engineers.
- Experience creating / documenting user flows, ensuring engaging and beautiful user experiences.
- You make sure to keep involved and up-to-date during all the stages of the product development cycle – from ideation, to delivery, and then to feedback analysis.
- You care about outcomes / impact of your design decisions, and not with assets or features.
- You make decisions based on data (qualitative and quantitative), as well as benchmarks.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with the latest news and good practices on design patterns.
- Experience with diverse tools and frameworks for perform user research and validate ideas.
- Creating and presenting wireframes (low and high fidelity) is part of your day to day activities.
- Experience generating assets that are ready to use by engineers.
⚠️ Minimum requisites
- Lean mentality, critical thinker, focused, efficient, no bull-shit behaviour.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- You love (or at least know how to use) FIgma.
- You have run user research and worked with A/B tests.
- You can think out of the box and figure out experiments to rapidly validate solutions.
- You’re autonomous, comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic, decentralised, distributed start-up.
- Strong experience working in software product management.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- You have a pixel perfect eye.
💡 Bonus skills
- You have experience working with web3 technologies.
- Experience working with web and mobile applications.
- Experience creating and maintaining design systems.
- HTML / CSS knowledge
- Experience with mobile applications.
- Ideologically aligned with about open governance, individual sovereignty and decentralization.
🧑💻 Culture & Perks
– Bold ideas are worshipped
– Remote work
– Flexible time, for real (This role is location agnostic, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Central European Time – CET)
– Training / personal development budget
– Support for setting up your remote work environment
– Casual environment (as long as you wear clothes, we are good!)
– Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
– Titles don’t mean nothing, you earn respect by being who you are
– Work / Life balance – Competitive compensation schemes
– Off-sites (when the world allows it)