The mission of Trust Machines is to grow the Bitcoin economy. We’ve recently raised $150M to realize this vision, build Bitcoin apps, and the open-source technologies required to unleash the true potential of Bitcoin for DeFi and Decentralized Applications.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the remote-first wallet team at Trust Machines and help us craft beautiful, consumer-facing software for crypto users.
This role will be critical in building a premier user experience for the Stacks ecosystem, fostering an engaged user base, and broadening the wallet’s capabilities within the Bitcoin realm.
The ideal candidate has experience building consumer software in a startup environment. As the first dedicated product designer for the team, you’ll have an impactful role on product direction, design culture, and user experience across a variety of platforms (e.g. web extension, mobile, desktop).
What You’ll Do:
- Craft UX and UI for solutions that resolve our users’ greatest needs
- Work closely with GM to articulate and diagram functional specifications and user flows, validating them with users and partners
- Produce design and research materials for team review and iterate with feedback
- Work closely with engineers to provide guidance, implement feedback, and suggest needed adjustments
- Create and maintain design system across multiple form factors (e.g. extension, mobile)
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years in similar role(s) for consumer software, with portfolio that represents high level of execution over this minimum number of years (strong requirement)
- 2+ years at startup(s)
- Preference for remote, OSS work with public contact
- Located between GMT -5 and +3
- Experience with Figma and GitHub
- Solid understanding of the web (e.g. standards, browser capabilities, accessibility)
- Demonstrable experience with internal design reviews, user research and testing
- High degree of user empathy, inclination to question assumptions, independent self-organizer, openness to feedback, and comfort with technical complexity
- Excitement to work on crypto wallet
We’d Also Like to See:
- Crypto experience (professional or personal)
- Programming experience (professional personal)
- Interest in the Stacks ecosystem
What we offer:
- Work from home
- Competitive salary based on NYC comp (regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Token incentives
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country. The ones shown above are for our full-time U.S.based employees. Benefits information for non-US-based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Trust Machines is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Trust Machines is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.