From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanity’s most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism’s network improves Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
We’re looking for an ambitious and growth-oriented Data Analyst to join our team. As a Data Analyst at OP Labs you will immerse yourself in Optimism data and uncover insights that influence how we develop our ecosystem. Data covers a wide spectrum at Optimism—including application usage, protocol economics, airdrop and incentive design, and more! There is great opportunity to be a leader and influence the direction of high-visibility and high-impact initiatives.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work closely with product, marketing, and business development teams to answer important questions and define key metrics
- Drive long-term growth of Optimism through a combination of data analysis, product ideation, and experimentation to optimize product experiences
- Use data to understand trends in user behavior and product usage to influence strategy
- Identify opportunities to drive growth and prioritize them to maximize long term growth
- Develop compelling dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Communicate results and influence key decision makers, including product, and business leaders
What skills do you bring?
- 3+ years experience in a data analytics role
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis; geared towards drawing actionable insights from complex datasets
- Experience performing exploratory analysis with minimal direction to answer ambiguous open ended questions
- Creative product ideation skills to apply growth tactics broadly to different product areas and think through detailed elements of a product experience
- Highly skilled with data querying languages including SQL; knowledge of Python preferred but not required
- Crypto analytics experience (using tools like Dune, Flipside, Goldsky) preferred but not required
- Proven to effectively collaborate across variety of technical and non-technical functions to drive towards common goals
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employees—from fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you covered—learn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of builders—our founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and we’re eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. We’re committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.