At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Platform Design and Research team at Coinbase plays a critical role in executing on our vision to create more economic freedom for the world, and is at the center of execution for products across the entirety of the company. We’re building the most secure, trusted, and easiest to use cryptocurrency products for the millions of people just getting started with crypto, as well as long-standing loyal customers with advanced knowledge of the cryptocurrency space.
As a Product Illustrator you’ll contribute to our mission, vision and strategy by building scalable illustration systems across our suite of products that help people understand how to use cryptocurrency. You’ll work closely with Product Designers and our Product and Engineering teams to help build simple, easy-to-use experiences that express the Coinbase brand and values.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop scalable illustration systems & strategy for our products across all platforms (iOS, Android, Web).
- Help define our visual product language, and evolve our illustration guidelines.
- Own the end-to-end illustration process across product features from initial concepting and ideation, to Engineering implementation support, and final production.
- Partner closely with Product Design, UX Research, Product Management, and Engineering to help define our product strategy and execute on our product roadmap.
- Collaborate closely with our Brand Design team to translate the expression of our brand identity into our user experiences.
- Build & implement Illustration team processes.
What we look for in you
- 5+ years of professional Illustration experience.
- Strong portfolio of illustration work in a variety of contexts, with a focus on digital product experiences.
- Experience building scalable product illustration guidelines, visual design systems, and detailed specifications and documentation.
- Experience illustrating for consumer-facing digital experiences for web and mobile applications.
- Strong illustration skills and deep knowledge of developing visual design language and standards.
- Experience working in a collaborative, iterative product team with Engineers, Product Managers, UX Researchers, and Product Designers.
- Mastery of Adobe Illustrator and Figma.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Low ego, team-oriented, positive attitude, and open-minded.
Nice to haves
- Experience with AI or ML image generation
- Knowledge of HTML and working with SVGs
- Experience working with prototyping tools
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $201,450 to $237,000+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).