Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Product Localization Specialist to help us deliver high quality, locally relevant products to our customers in Japan. You will work closely with our product, design, engineering, and international teams to shape the experience of our Japanese customers. You’ll work closely with our teams in SF headquarters and Japan to execute on our Japan launch and guide the long-term success of the Japan business.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will provide linguistic and cultural feedback to shape and improve the experience for our customers in Japan. You will serve as a subject matter expert for Japanese language and culture.
- You will be a product expert, and serve as a translator, reviewer & product quality tester to assist in product improvements for the Japanese market.
- You will guarantee linguistic quality in our product and all other customer communications channels.
- You will work with external localization vendors to incorporate feedback and improvements to translation accuracy, quality, and relevance.
What we look for in you:
- You are fluent (or N1 proficiency) in written and spoken Japanese with excellent cultural awareness.
- You have 1-4 years of work experience in product, translation/localization, international, or quality assurance positions.
- You have exceptional written and communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- You are very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally.
- You are a self-starter and a quick learner.
Nice to haves:
- A university-level degree relevant to linguistics, translations, or communications.
- You have experience working as a translator.
- You have lived in Japan recently.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.