OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #4 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
OpenSea is looking for one of its first Product Operations leaders to help build and set the vision for the team. In this role, you’ll be building out the foundation for the company’s operational processes, scaling the impact of our operations teams, and making sure that the voice of our customers is being heard, while collaborating cross-functionally. We are looking for someone who driven and passionate, has a strong bias towards action, and is excited to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Help build a specialized team within the Product Operations org, scaling the team and its impact from the ground up
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across product, engineering, legal, trust and safety, customer experience and operations teams
- Identify and address the largest areas of opportunity in an ambiguous environment
- Ensure that operations teams have the resources, tooling, documents and processes required to support new features and products
- Surface operational considerations in product requirements at the design stage
- Work with your operations partners to gather, prioritize and synthesize user feedback, internal tooling needs, and potential safety vulnerabilities
- Identify and utilize key business metrics to ensure effective resource allocation and prioritization
- Develop and drive processes to help your teams scale by being more efficient and effective
- Be the biggest advocate for the needs of the Customer Happiness teams
- Experience in product operations, program or project management or operational management roles
- Experience managing, mentoring or retaining high performers
- Experience working cross-functionally and building strong relationships with stakeholders across product, engineering, legal, trust and safety, customer experience and operations teams
- Successful track record for running cross-functional initiatives and processes in a fast-moving environment
- Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias towards thoughtful action in ambiguous situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Familiarity with decentralized technology, blockchain and NFTs
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
- Experience working on trust and safety, intellectual property or content moderation problems