Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Our team is dedicated to educating, helping, and supporting our global user base by helping the Operations team scale and by partnering with the teams build Coinbase products. We are looking for a seasoned project manager to join our Support team. You should have experience specing internal tools, delivering tangible projects or scaling operations at a large consumer or financial company. You have a passion for making the customer experience seamless and fantastic. You have a strong passion for the product, user empathy, and can maintain a calm demeanour in high stress situations. People describe you as accountable and organized.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with the Pro & Custody product teams to understand their roadmaps & serve as their Support POC
- Be well versed in each of these products to serve as the subject matter expert for the Support teams & Client Services
- Understand and be able to address all customer issues the Support team handles related to your product areas with high accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Own “support readiness” by ensuring that all facets of Support Operations – workflows, tools, content are prepared for the new initiative, change in strategy, or product release
- Utilize insights from metrics and analytics to make informed business decisions
- Triage & vet feedback from the operations team to drive meaningful recommendations and insights for Product. Gather these insights through a variety of channels and tools to properly capture and represent the customer voice
- Turn customer support challenges and business opportunities into a backlog of projects
- Define business requirements in the form of a product brief that can be handed over to a technical team to execute & deliver
- Prioritize a backlog based on potential impact & metrics
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issues and incidents
- Guide decisions with Product Managers, engineers, Legal and other stakeholders with users in mind
- Facilitate the creation of user facing education
What we look for in you:
- You have previous experience working with Sales & high networth clients or support teams that provide high touch support.
- You have experience as Customer Success Manager, Sales Ops, Product Specialist or Project Manager
- You are familiar with the Coinbase Pro & Custody products
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in consulting, project management – project management frameworks & processes
- Ability to build project plans, product briefs, and mocks to design tangible deliverables
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments and stakeholders
Nice to haves:
- You have worked in Finance, Fintech, or understand financial regulation and compliance requirements
- Advanced degree in business, data analytics finance or CX
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud
- Expert-level Excel user (Vlookups, pivots, macros, etc.), comfortable with SQL, Tableau
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.