Constellation Network is looking for full time protocol engineers to join our team. You will be a core team member building the future of our open source distributed systems infrastructure. Protocol team engineers have direct impact on the trajectory of our layer 0 distributed ledger technology. You will contribute to the design of developer APIs, build features that enable cross-application integrations, and contribute solutions to complex systems architecture problems.
Over the last five years, Constellation has developed an alternative blockchain network and Layer 0 infrastructure technology, called Hypergraph, which is faster, cheaper, and more secure than traditional blockchain infrastructure. Constellation is also the first vertically stacked ecosystem, including a Layer 0 base-layer decentralized network infrastructure, application support and documentation to help developers build flexible web 3 applications, the Lattice Gateway for projects in our ecosystem to market their technology and cryptocurrency, and a hardware division featuring the Dor Traffic Miner, or DTM.
We are an inclusive team of individuals from diverse professional backgrounds that are passionate about blockchain technology, Web3, and the future of distributed systems. We look forward to growing our team with engineers that are excited by solving challenging problems daily. Our team is 100% remote and international.
- JVM microservices
- Functional scala (cats)
- AWS / cloud / terraform
- 5+ years experience with Scala and/or Java
- Strong background in distributed systems or big data tooling
- Solid understanding of core algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with git, test + design practices, and agile software design concepts
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, architecture, and distributed systems
- BA/BS/PhD in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Interest in functional programming concepts
- Knowledge of existing blockchain architectures
- Knowledge of large scale data pipelines
- Experience with or strong background with math, statistics, or topology
- Open source contributions
- Competitive salary: $180k – $220k
- Possible compensation split with equity range of: 01% – 0.1%
- 100% remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity and/or token grants
This is a fully remote role with a preference for candidates working in American timezones.