The Aave Companies are a group of software development companies that build open-source, blockchain-based software for the Web3 world. With a mission to reinvent our modern paradigms in the realm of finance, social media and beyond, we are focused on building revolutionary products and protocols that will reinvent the ways we communicate, our financial systems, and our cultural norms. United with one clear goal, the Aave Companies are determined to build a future for users that provide them with better control over their finances, data and social experiences.
Having cultivated a thriving, collaborative culture, our team is kind, welcoming and passionate about what we are building. We celebrate differences and seek to develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool from all over the world. No matter where you are based, no ghost will be left behind and we appreciate every moment we get to work and have fun together.
About the role:
We are looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager to join our growing team and support our second line of defence.
This role will be responsible for helping to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws and regulations relevant to our regulated business. The role requires a detailed understanding of the legal and regulatory environment for payments companies and cryptoasset trading venues, as well as a keen eye for identifying and mitigating enterprise risks.
How you can make an impact:
- Develop and maintain robust risk and compliance policies, procedures, and frameworks in line with our legal and regulatory obligations and industry best practice
- Oversee the Compliance Plan, including but not limited to tasks related to maintaining the regulatory reporting calendar; performing monitoring and testing reviews to assess the effectiveness of existing controls and processes; and preparing monthly and ad hoc management information reports for the Board of Directors
- Conduct risk assessments and work closely with senior management to help identify, mitigate, and manage enterprise risks across the business
- Assist with the implementation of upcoming UK regulatory requirements such as the Consumer Duty; and the cryptoasset Financial Promotions regime
- Act as an escalation point to the first line of defence, including to the Financial Crime team in respect of the suspicious activity reporting program; and the Customer Support team in respect of the complaints program
- Partnering cross-functionally to drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements across the organisation
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the team
- Assist with external audits and the timely resolution of identified issues
- Conduct risk and compliance training and awareness programs for team members across the organisation
- Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory bodies, law enforcement, auditors, vendors, the Financial Ombudsman Service, and other stakeholders as necessary
- Stay up to date with industry developments and changes to the regulatory landscape
- Support global expansion efforts
Let’s connect if:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, law, or a related field
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in a risk or compliance role within a financial services organisation, consultancy firm, or regulator. Experience of both payments and cryptoassets is highly preferred
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, with the ability to identify and communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Problem solver and builder
Haven’t quite met all the criteria? Let’s not miss out on the chance to speak. Whilst you might not meet every single requirement, you might bring other, more exciting skills to the companies!
What we stand for:
Craft — Seek excellence.
Accountability — One for all. All for one.
Integrity — Be true.
Sisu — Dig deep.
Community — We’re in it together.
Equal opportunities statement:
The Aave Companies celebrates diversity and views each and every team member as a separate individual with their own unique identity. No matter your race, religion, gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or even the wallet you use, we welcome you at the Aave Companies. As an equal opportunities employer, we take accountability and believe in everyone’s potential to build, create and inspire changes. With a mission to build a diverse workforce, we are proud to foster a working environment in which everyone can feel safe and valued for who they are.