Paxos’ Risk Management team is looking for a Risk Manager to drive improvements across various elements of our risk framework, including enterprise risk management. This role will work cross-functionally and lead risk initiatives that improve Paxos’ ability to identify, assess, and respond to risks across the company.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it. As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Risk Manager, you’ll get to:
- Lead projects that enhance Paxos’ overall risk management framework
- Drive improvements to Paxos’ ERM process, including for risk identification, management, and reporting of risks company-wide
- Contribute to new risk policies and frameworks that improve risk-based decisions
- Define Key Risk Indicators to monitor and report risk levels against risk appetite
- Engage with other risk and control functions to strengthen risk governance and create a comprehensive view of new and emerging risks
- Develop risk communications and training that support and enhance a risk aware culture
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a risk / control function, e.g. enterprise risk, operational risk, audit, or compliance
- Knowledge of best practices in financial services risk management
- Demonstrated experience building new risk programs or processes from the ground up
- Strong project or program management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally on multiple projects under tight deadlines
You might also have:
- Prior experience or domain expertise in Fintech, Trading/Securities, Payments or Crypto/Digital Assets
- Depth in Third Party, Product, Operational or IT risk domains
- Experience working with risk management technology, e.g. GRC or vendor risk services
- Intellectual curiosity about new products, businesses and technologies
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!