As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
This role is a great opportunity to advance your career in Compliance, where you’ll have the chance to experience the integration and evolution of industry leading vendor products. This role is instrumental in keeping Kraken compliant with global sanction requirements and in helping mitigate the AML/CFT/Sanctions risk for the company. If you’re interested in compliance or find yourself drawn to the requirements of various sanction regimes, then this is the perfect role for you!
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential sanction/watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Represent the company as a professional compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and provide support for Client Engagement teams on sanction/watchlist related issues
- Manage various inboxes and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Perform due sanctions reviews/investigations on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in a sanctions compliance role at a financial institution, crypto firm, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory/team lead role
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.