The Maker Protocol is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Vaults, autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact – for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions – by everyone.
This is where you come in.
The Maker family is a diverse, passionate team comprising of around 80 people, across 20 locations across the globe who are creating the forefront of innovative fintech solutions 3.0
The Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Masters do this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, helping those outside the Scrum Team understand which of their interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which aren’t. The Scrum Master helps everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the Scrum Team.
What you will be doing within product
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team as well as possible
- Finding techniques for effective Product Backlog management;
- Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items;
- Understanding product planning in an environment where improvement and direction is guided by experiments and experience, verifiable by observation or experience;
What you will be doing within engineering
- Coaching the Development Team in self-organization and cross-functionality;
- Helping the Development Team to create high-value products;
- Removing impediments to the Development Team’s progress;
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed; and,
- Coaching the Development Team in organizational environments in which Scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood.
- Leading and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption;
- Planning Scrum implementations within the organization;
- Helping employees and stakeholders understand and enact Scrum and empirical product development;
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum Team; and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
- You’re passionate about the blockchain and continually keep at the forefront of cryptocurrency
- You’re a collaborator at heart, that loves to share knowledge with others
- You’re a self starter with excellent analytical skills, with the ability to deep dive into details, yet seeing broader implications
- You’re proactive and results oriented, having the ability to prioritise and meet challenging details
- You enjoy being a part of a feedback culture with the desire to improve finance worldwide
If this sounds like this could be the role for you, we would love to hear from you! Please click on the link to apply now.