Xapo is a fast-growing, global fintech company with a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, with 250+ Xapiens working from 50+ countries.
We’re seeking a collaborative, proactive problem-solver to join us as Scrum Master at Xapo. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere!
BALANCE FOR BETTER
At Xapo, we embrace our differences and actively foster an inclusive environment where we all can thrive. We’re a flexible, family friendly environment, and we recognize that everyone has commitments outside of work. We have a goal of reaching gender parity and strongly encourage women to apply to our open positions. Diversity is not a tagline at Xapo; it is our foundation.
As a Scrum Master, you will work with multiple cross-functional delivery teams and Product Owners. You will autonomously team-build and grow consensus on inter-team issues, facilitate resolution of impediments and study organizational dynamics, in order to support and grow team health and consistently drive productivity and product quality. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the Scrum process with the coordination of the Scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Arranging daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of the adaptation process.
- Supporting the development team and Product Owner in the creation of product roadmap, reporting on the status of delivery and responding in real-time to changes in direction.
- Improving the efficiency of the development team.
- Removing impediments to the Scrum team.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the team’s predictability and productivity, focusing on continuous learning and optimization.
- Helping the Product Owners make the product backlogs and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Proactively and efficiently facilitating team’s delivery with minimal supervision.
- Diplomatically handling all conflicts to resolution as a servant leader.
- Exhibiting the Lean Agile mindset with excitement and energy.
- Conducting retrospective meetings.
- 2-3 years of work experience in the application of the Agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams.
- Ability to build cross-functional relationships at all levels in a distributed environment.
- Understand Lean Agile Software Development, DoD and release management.
- Fluency in oral and written English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Scrum Master / Agile Certification a Plus.
- PMP certification.
- Bitcoins or Financial Services experience.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
At Xapo, we’re building a way for users all over the world to send, receive, spend, and store their money globally and safely. We’re firm believers that no matter who you are or where you’re from, you deserve easy access to digital financial services.
Launched in 2014 by Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.