Kava Labs is a Layer 1 Blockchain company with a 100% remote and distributed workforce. We have teams located in the US, Asia-Pacific, and Europe. While distributed, you will work alongside a team of world class crypto experts on an open-source project that transfers millions of dollars in assets daily, providing the financial primitives for the next evolution in crypto.
Kava Labs is hiring for a Senior Accountant, who will be responsible for overseeing Kava Labs’ accounting operations, preparing and maintaining internal controls and processes, and ensuring GAAP and legal compliance for our org. This is a US-based, full-time, remote position.
What You Will Do.
- Own the Full- Cycle month end close process including: develop, implement, and streamline the account reconciliations process, specifically managing bank and vendor reconciliations, propose Journal entries, and perform end to end Month-End Close
- Maintain and validate systems as the source of truth for accounting data:ERP, including Quickbooks & Netsuite as well as subsystems Expensify, Brex, ADP, etc., and support integrations of new tools that work in conjunction with those systems.
- Process Accounts Payable payments: (Contractor & Vendors) Validate invoices, following Kava’s internal approval process and log entries into the appropriate system. Including process vendor payments in cryptocurrency.
- Maintain and manage the accrual process: balance multiple vendors in keeping with appropriate schedule in order to book estimated accrual for the appropriate month the transaction took place.
- Ensure Compliance with GAAP standards: propose journal entries in line with GAAP standards, compile proper documentation, support and calculations
- Ensure Compliance with local jurisdictions: complete filings, registrations, payroll taxes, and other ad-hoc projects in keeping with federal, state, and local mandates.
- Maintain proper Internal Controls and safeguard assets:Documenting internal controls and processes for accurate and timely financial reporting; safeguard asset in order minimize risk
Who You Are
- 4+ years of participating in the full cycle of month end close process including account reconciliation management
- 2+ years maintaining and ERP system (Quickbooks and/or Netsuite is nice to have)
- 2+ years processing accounts payable and/or owning the accounts payable process
- 2+ years of maintenance and management of the accrual process and schedule as well as the reconciliations2+ years applying GAAP standard to journal entry and the account reconciliation process
- 2+ years experience with local, state and federal compliance and filings
- A willingness to learn is a must.
Nice to Have
- Experience with multinational or multi currency business structures (IFRS familiarity is a nice to have)
- Experience working in Fintech, SAAS, or Technology – comfortable working in high-stakes, fast-paced environments
- You have an interest in blockchain, crypto, and decentralized technologies.
- Recruiter Mtg: 30 minutes
- Head of People Mtg: 30 minutes
- Head of Finance Mtg: 1 Hour
- Take Home Assessment
- CEO Mtg: 1 Hour
**Subject to change
What We Offer.
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) with match
- Token grants for exploration and investment
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
- Benefits, perks and policies are subject to change and eligibility may vary based on location
About Kava Labs.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Kava is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.