We are looking for a collaborative and critical thinking individual to join our growing accounting team at Ripple. The Senior Accountant will be involved in certain aspects of GL accounting for all Ripple entities. This role is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate recording of our intercompany, investment and accrual accounts, as well as leading reporting efforts for our regulated entities. This is a great opportunity for an individual that enjoys improving and building processes, being in the details and welcomes challenges.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You should also have excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. Additionally, you should have a genuine interest in the blockchain industry and understanding of the ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own various aspects of the monthly financial close process in collaboration with other General Ledger team members
- Prepare month-end reconciliations primarily for intercompany, investment and accrued liability accounts
- Ensure intercompany accounts are recorded in compliance with governing agreements and eliminated in consolidation
- Perform fluctuation analysis on expenses to analyze changes in accounts and ensure financial statement accuracy
- Lead audit for regulated entities
- Collaborate with FP&A, Tax, Legal and other cross-functional teams to gather data, improve processes, and support business needs
- Comply with SOX requirements while performing the above tasks and participate in documentation and roll-out of new SOX compliant processes
- Work closely with Accounting Manager on ad-hoc projects primarily focused on streamlining processes while maintaining financial statement accuracy
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred)
- Minimum of 3+ years in the field of Accounting or equivalent (public accounting experience is a plus)
- CPA preferred
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems (Intacct and/or mid-tier accounting systems is a plus)
- Collaborative approach to working on projects with a team that values diverse perspectives
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and self-driven initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.