Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will report to Paxos’ Deputy General Counsel and will work closely with Paxos’ Global General Counsel to manage all board matters, entity formation and Paxos’ equity program. This is a new position necessitated by Paxos’ business growth. We’re moving into new and exciting areas, and we need you!
As a Senior Corporate Counsel, you’ll get to:
- Work side-by-side with the Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel (Global) in overseeing board-related matters including drafting minutes, board resolutions, charters and other materials for Board and Committee meetings
- Act as secretary for multiple Committees and assistant secretary for the Board. You’ll get direct exposure to Paxos’ esteemed Board of Directors
- Oversee entity formation including (with the help of outside counsel) creation of formation documents and filings with local and regional authorities
- Draft, review and update all intercompany agreements
- Support a variety of corporate matters including fundraising activities and other strategic initiatives
- Manage M&A and joint venture transactions, including working with internal stakeholders on deal structure and LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, coordinating outside counsel and actively managing deal process and execution
- In conjunction with the People team, manage the company’s employee stock option program
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- J.D. and licensed to practice in a state in the US
- 6+ years of experience in corporate law and/or corporate governance; experience within a top nationally recognized law firm preferred
- Experience with corporate governance, entity formation, equity issuances under stock option plans, M&A and fundraising.
- In-house experience in a private, hyper-growth tech company preferred
- Demonstrated thought leader with strong organizational skills and business judgment with ability to build and maintain strong cross functional working relationships
- Highly organized with superior time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities often under tight deadlines
You might also have:
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment
- Excellent commercial acumen and business judgment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!