OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for NFTs, offering a diverse range of unique and verifiable digital assets backed by blockchain. We’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring, we look for candidates who can thrive in our culture of trust, feedback, and rapid growth. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are essential to our success, and we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of background or identity. Our opportunities support remote, hybrid, or onsite work at our offices in New York City, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley, and we’re dedicated to creating an environment where all employees can do their best work and contribute to the growth of our platform.
Our engineering team at OpenSea is in search of a capable and curious Data Analyst to take charge of data queries/reports for our trust & safety stakeholders like legal, ops etc . As a member of our data team, you will collaborate with several stakeholders (product, engineering and business stakeholders) and contribute significantly to the growth of one of the most rapidly expanding NFT marketplaces in the Web3 ecosystem.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a crucial role in querying and analyzing large volumes of data to drive business insights and support decision-making processes. You will be responsible for gathering data from various sources, organizing and cleansing it, and transforming it into meaningful and actionable information for internal stakeholders and business decisions. Your analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to communicate complex findings in a clear and concise manner will be essential to succeed in this role.
- Collect, extract, and compile data from various sources, ensuring its accuracy and completeness. Identify and address data quality issues, such as missing or inconsistent data, by partnering with data engineers and implementing data cleansing techniques in analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and provide timely and relevant reports.
- Create and maintain dashboards, reports, and visualizations to effectively communicate data-driven insights to stakeholders.
- Analyze complex datasets and use exploratory data analysis to uncover correlations, causations, and key factors affecting business performance in partnership with data scientists.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or a related discipline.
- Proficiency in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization tools such as SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills to present insights from data.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Web3 experience preferred but curiosity required. Experience with data governance, data management, and data quality best practices is a plus.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $135,000 – $230,000 plus benefits & equity.