Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role:
As the Senior Designer, you will be working closely with a passionate Marketing team responsible for strategising, ideating and producing a variety of modern marketing assets to engage our Kraken clients, reach new clients as well as educating the community all about crypto. You will use your previous experience working with brands to bolster our visual branding and push our design across many mediums including; websites, video, events, advertising and much more.In this role, you will be a mover and shaker with a positive energy, pragmatically working to help the business, engage and attract clients, while keeping an eagle eye on everything that passes through vision.
What you’ll do in your first 30 days:
- Get to know the Kraken team, the brand, and the competitive space.
- Learn the Marketing team structure and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Wrap your mind around the current workflows, project management and existing brand language
- Begin to design elements to supercharge team projects
In your first 60 days:
- Lead and own design projects with minimal oversight.
- Establish new processes for pragmatic creation of assets
- Push the Kraken brand assets to be more engaging, delightful and usable.
- Partner with both Marketing and other Kraken teams to help where you can, and make the best possible design happen.
In your first 90 days:
- Take on more projects, and manage them from conception to production.
- Build your internal brand to be a valued member of the organization.
- Push for projects you think will have an impact, and have a plan to enact them.
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of experience in startups or advertising, working with a variety of teams on a multitude of projects.
- A strong online portfolio showcasing pixel perfect design work, balanced with the thinking explained and process work shown.
- Mastery of Adobe CC, and knows their way around Sketch/Figma.
- Strong illustration skills, quick with page layout and a master of iconography.
- Understanding of development process and experience working with a variety of developers.
- Design expertise in all aspects of modern design, from Powerpoint to working within design systems.
- Excellent communication skills and “can-do” attitude.
- Passion for new/world changing technologies.
- Desire to thrive within a fast-paced, emerging industry with a variety of design challenges.
Nice to haves:
- Video editing experience and post-production motion graphics (Premiere + After Effects).
- Experience in Crypto or an avid fan of the industry.
- Remote working experience.
- The ideal candidate has an eagle eye for detail, follows an efficient process, is technically adept and has an innovative mindset with a proven track record of achievement. Oh and a deep passion for crypto!
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.