Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2022 was in Lisbon!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
**Temporary short term contractors do not receive the above benefits
About The Role:
As a well-funded international team, Pagoda is in need of a Sr. Finance Manager of business and product Strategy to help take the Finance department’s maturity to the next level. We are looking for an enthusiastic Finance professional who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups and who shares with us the same desire to give control of the web back to the users.
This key role on Pagoda’s Finance team will report directly to the CFO & focus on driving the overall Web3/BOS monetization, ecosystem value mapping, and Web3 product pricing strategies. The Finance Manager will also partner with the Finance FP&A team by helping to provide financial modeling, analytics, and forecasting.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with the Protocol, Blockchain Operating System (BOS), and various product teams to align monetization, revenue, expense, and growth strategies
- Research the Web 3 and blockchain ecosystem as well as overall macro/micro economic trends to uncover growth opportunities
- Partner with ecosystem and community peers to learn and share best practices
- Work with the FP&A organization by helping to provide financial modeling, analytics and product pricing
- Align closely with the Controller & CFO
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ Years of relevant finance work experience
- Finance/Business Undergraduate degree and/or MBA
- Excellent financial modeling and analytics
- Strong business partnering, communication, and presentation skills
- High Tech product launches with market and pricing analytics
- Strong work history in the blockchain space
- Passion for and vision of where blockchain/web3 will be in 5 years
- Experience in Excel, Quickbooks, ADP and other Accounting/HR software
- Strong team player
- Authorized to work in the US
We’d Love If You Have:
- Investment Strategies
- VC/Investor relations
- Rhythm of the business’ reporting and monthly financial packages preparation
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like:
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Ideal Location For This Role
This is a fully remote role, so that your timezone matches or overlaps with our leadership for this role, you’ll ideally be located in the US.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.