Interested in working on cutting-edge blockchain technology and creating equitable access to the global financial system? Since 2014, the mission-driven team at the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) has helped fuel the tremendous growth of the Stellar blockchain network, an open-source platform that operates at high-scale today. Developers and companies around the world build on it, and the SDF team is expanding to support the rapidly growing and changing Stellar ecosystem.
As a Full-Stack Engineer on the Wallets team, your goal will be to create both the blueprint and the tools to empower developers in the Stellar ecosystem to build their own apps. As the blockchain landscape continues to change and evolve, we want to ensure people can jump into our ecosystem as easily as possible. To do this, you will help build a flagship wallet along with other wallet-building tools for developers in our ecosystem.
Your work on the flagship wallet will provide users of the Stellar network a fully featured wallet that enables all of the network’s capabilities. On top of providing end users the ability to easily interact with the Stellar network, you will also be building out optimal user experiences for Stellar network features. The flagship wallet is your way to show the ecosystem what a great Stellar wallet looks and feels like.
In addition to the flagship wallet, you will help design and implement SDK’s for developers in our ecosystem. Stellar is an open network and we want to encourage developers from all over the world and all skill levels to build with us. You will be the expert developer providing the roadmap for others to join us.
In this role, you will:
- Work on cutting edge technology at the intersection of blockchain and finance.
- Design solutions with developers and ecosystem partners in mind
- Collaborate with UX and Design to create best in class implementations of Stellar network features using Figma
- Work with the product management team to develop features and iterate over time with feedback from users
- Write code using current standards like Typescript, React, and Jest in an open source environment
- Build with modern tools like Yarn Workspaces, service workers, and ESLint/TSLint
- Collaborate with team members on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF
- Architect code with an eye for readability as well as scalability
- 5+ years creating full-stack and web applications
- Proficiency with Typescript
- Expertise building performant React apps
- Expertise in designing and utilizing RESTful API’s
- Knowledge of backend languages (for ex: Java, Python)
- Familiarity with databases and data storage
- Knowledge of modern testing libraries
- Strong CSS fundamentals
- Independent and results driven. Skilled at working in an environment with dynamic objectives.
- The ability to be a fast learner and a strong problem solver.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience deploying web applications using Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with BEM methodology of CSS
- Experience as a tech lead
We offer competitive pay with a base salary range for this position of $14,000- $190,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, we offer lumen-denominated grants along with the following perks and benefits:
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Paid parental leave
- Life & ADD
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401K (4% match)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly gym allowance
- Daily lunch and snacks in-office
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats