ConsenSys is the software engineering leader in the blockchain space. Our full-stack products empower developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to access and build on Ethereum.
Consensys’ products are all clear market leaders in their respective markets: MetaMask, Infura, Quorum, Truffle, Codefi, and Diligence. They power the vast majority of the Ethereum blockchain ecosystem and several other decentralized protocols and are poised to grow by orders of magnitude in the coming years.
About the role
We seek a skilled full-stack web developer to join our team and work on multiple websites across our dev and direct business units. As part of our growth, we aim to create outstanding digital experiences for our Web3 technical and non-technical audiences. As a full-stack developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing websites’ front-end and back-end, ensuring they are responsive, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with other team members, including designers and project managers, to create website design concepts, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Write and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code for websites’ front-end and back-end.
- Ensure that websites are optimized for search engines and have fast page load speeds
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise during the development and testing phases
- Keep up-to-date with web development trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Ensure that websites are secure and that data is protected.
- Work with third-party APIs to integrate data and functionality into websites.
- Perform quality assurance testing to ensure that websites meet all requirements and function as expected.
- Implementing current best practice and coding standards
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Collaborating with the design team on developing micro-services.
- Writing technical documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of proven experience as a full-stack web developer
- Experience with responsive design and front-end frameworks, such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Familiarity with back-end frameworks, such as Laravel, Django, or Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with databases, such as MySQL or MongoDB, and Firebase.
- Understanding of version control systems, such as Git
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics.
Bonus Points for:
- A deep understanding of blockchain technology and Ethereum Ecosystem
- Experience working for a blockchain or cryptocurrency organization
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans, and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic but fun, remote-friendly start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
WHY JOIN CONSENSYS?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe Ethereum is a next-generation technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building tomorrow’s digital economy and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to millions or billions of users. We build the tools, infrastructure, and applications pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects, challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD 118,000 – 230,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).