Tendermint Inc builds and maintains critical state-of-the-art infrastructure for decentralized applications, such as Tendermint Core & Cosmos SDK. We are also the primary builder of the Cosmos Network, a decentralized network of independent, scalable, and interoperable blockchains. We launched the community-run Cosmos Hub blockchain in early 2019, which has a market cap of roughly $1 billion USD.
We’re passionate, self-driven, industry leaders whose mission is to build the foundation for a new token economy. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major impact on how humans connect on a global scale. Join our growing team and plug into the most powerful blockchain ecosystem.
How we Work
We are a distributed team across the globe. Our headquarters is in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have hubs in Berlin and Toronto. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is important to us and we rely heavily on Slack and Zoom to help us stay in sync. All of our products are open source.
About the Position
The Tendermint Design team is seeking a multidisciplinary Graphic Designer with extensive experience in illustration, graphics, print design, and identity design. You will be working closely with our Marketing and Developer Relations teams to develop engaging illustrations and graphics for our websites, products, marketing campaigns, and events. We’re looking for a motivated visual artist who understands and expertly wields the power of visual communication. Your work will be hugely impactful, as your illustrations and graphics will be promoted worldwide to a rapidly growing international Cosmos community.
This is a full time remote-friendly position with the option to work from one of our offices in the SF Bay Area, Berlin, and Toronto.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Developer Relations teams to figure out communication goals and requirements, and assist them to express ideas visually.
- Create illustrations, social media graphics, web graphics, icons, posters, and other visual communication materials.
- Design booth visuals, brochures, handouts, and swag for our physical conferences and meetups around the world.
- Prepare and present rough drafts during Design and Marketing meetings.
- Be flexible and ready to revise designs and illustrations to meet updated specifications.
- Adhere to brand guidelines on typography, colors and imagery.
- Conduct retrospectives on designs by collecting feedback from the team and community members.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating 5+ years experience in illustration and graphic design.
- Mastery of industry standard design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to communicate design concepts through rough drafts and mockups.
- A command of visual and communication design principles (including typography and grid systems).
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- A keen eye for great aesthetics and visual details.
- A specialty in meme generation is a plus!
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- At least 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Competitive salary package, including equity
To apply, please go through our online application process and include a cover letter.