Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 44+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.7+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Senior Marketing Research and Insights Manager to help answer some of the most challenging and strategic questions about the digital currency landscape. The person in this role will collaborate with internal stakeholders through custom research initiatives leveraging industry insights/syndicated data, quantitative and qualitative methods to support the key marketing pillars that will drive revenue growth.
The ideal candidate will have a true passion for cryptocurrency, seeing this role as an opportunity to merge their research and insights skills set with their passion for crypto.
What you’ll work on:
- Driving impact by playing a critical role in delivering on the strategic goals for Circle and USDC using data analysis, primary research and marketplace information.
- Ideating, developing and leading projects on behalf of the Marketing Research and Insights team to develop insights and learnings on key audience segments, such as Business Decision Makers, Crypto Curious and Crypto Natives.
- Developing a user panel across Circle, including the vetting of vendors, creating research briefs, and designing roadmaps.
- Developing and designing a global audience segmentation study, responsible for vendor selection, research brief design, gaining stakeholder approval; creating typing tool to leverage across brand trackers and syndicated tools.
- Designing and managing global brand tracking studies, responsible for designing surveys, coordinating with all stakeholders to sign off, be aware of marketing, product and marketplace changes that can impact the survey design.
- Developing global ad effectiveness studies measuring the impact of ad exposure by media channels, creating ROI analysis.
- Identifying marketplace opportunities for Circle and USDC globally using market research data.
- Complement the research expertise you have built and explore and introduce new solutions to the organization.
- Working on thought leadership /white paper research projects on consumers understanding of crypto, stablecoins and Web3.0.
- Collaborating across the marketing, product, revenue, policy, and strategy teams to ensure the voice to the customer is integrated into the development of our products and marketing materials.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 12+ years of experience in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and design and knowing when to apply them.
- Experience with designing and implementing global cross platform ad effectiveness studies.
- Experience with using social media listening tools for research / analysis purposes.
- Your passion and curiosity for crypto, stablecoin, Web3.0 and the evolving marketplace.
- Previous experience working with the financial service industry/category is a plus.
- Understanding of the B2B consumer marketplace or business decision maker consumer segments.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to solve complex business problems and be prepared to debate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to work on complex problems and provide creative solutions which leverage your marketing research capabilities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, being able to exercise independent judgment in methodology and find techniques for obtaining results.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience delivering presentations to leadership teams.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed organization and cultivate strong working relationships across departments.
- Ability to be proactive, agile, decisive, and flexible, and operate in a fast-paced and collaborative environment while following processes.
- Knowledge or experience working with international markets is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, ComScore Media Metrix, Qualtrics and Tableau.
- Expert with Excel, Powerpoint and GSuite equivalents.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to Chicago, IL. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $160,000 – $220,000
Annual Bonus Target: 17.5%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.