Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
The Senior Platform Operations Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Platform Accounting Manager.
What you will do:
- Interface daily with internal systems and our proprietary exchange platform to assist with fiat and digital asset position reconciliations across our various banks and crypto wallets.
- Promptly researching and correcting discrepancies and communicating actions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Reconcile a variety of products and transactions including fiat, digital assets, futures, margin, and other new Company initiatives
- Independently manage and develop current reconciliation processes for greater efficiency and transparency and analyzing data against business drivers to identify issues and trends.
- Communicate and facilitate break resolution between our OTC desks, Treasury, Developers, Data Scientists, and Finance, including making journal entries as necessary.
- Maintain and review daily, monthly and yearly middle office reconciliations for financial and accounting issues and reporting
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Participate in Ad Hoc reporting requests
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- CPA in good standing strongly preferred5+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, broker-dealer, banking, or exchange strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge with cryptocurrency is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with SOX
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
- Experience and knowledge with SQL
- Experience with high volume transactions
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.