As a Senior Product Designer you’ll usher in a new era of ‘token-based’ group chat – we are calling this feature “Communities”. You will own the Status’ Chat and group chat ‘Community’ space across the Mobile and Desktop apps and lead all activities in this space from design to delivery. Day to day, you will work with other functions (Product Strategy, UX research, Engineering, Security, Marketing) and lead the process of identifying problems, opportunities and solutions that improve the chat and community experience. You’ll go to the moon with your concept designs, but also bring these down to bite-sized issues on Github. You’ll discuss your detailed flows and screens with peers in the Product Design team to ensure consistency across Mobile and Desktop. Status’ infrastructure is leading edge in peer-to-peer, privacy-centric technologies. Your close collaboration with Engineering and QA will be essential to be successful in this role.
What we ask from you
- Own the Status chat and group chat space across Mobile and Desktop.
- Lead all activities from design to delivery for this space.
- Use your (concept) designs to facilitate alignment.
- Deliver carefully thought out design flows and interaction patterns.
- Connect with Engineers to find elegant and creative solutions.
- Collaborate with our other designers around our design system, and to ensure consistency across our mobile and desktop app products.
- Collaborate with product management around product roadmaps and prioritization.
- Be proactive and flexible; Weigh in to shape the team and your role.
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience in designing production-ready, cross-platform products for iOS, Android, Desktop.
- Experience designing chat and/or group chat products.
- A portfolio that shows your experience in designing digital products, your design process, interaction design and visual design skills.
- Adopt a modern design workflow and willing to work in Figma.
- Fluent in English.
- Living in, or comfortable working in, UTC ± 4h.
- Experience with GitHub, or a similar software versioning tool.
- Experience with designing for peer-to-peer technologies.
- Experience with cryptography and identity management.
- A keen interest in principles of blockchain, decentralized web and privacy.