Founded in 2018, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
As a Senior Product Designer at The Block, you will be responsible for designing highly engaging and accessible user experiences across The Block’s core products. You will have a deep understanding of KPIs related to Products in your domain along with our User Personas. Armed with this information you will conceptualize designs in the form of wireframes which you will then turn into high fidelity mockups.
You will report to the Director of Design, who will work with you in setting up the initial vision, strategy, direction, and design requirements. You will also work closely with Product Managers to define the user journeys and execute the user experience strategy of your projects. From there you will take ownership of the execution of the final design through wireframes and high fidelity mock-ups. You will work closely with our Brand Design team to incorporate the look and feel of our brand into your designs. You will also work closely with our Engineering team to ensure that your designs are translated accurately into the final code.
- Analyze user data to make design decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other departments
- Collaborate with Product Managers to incorporate User Journey Maps, Product Requirements, and User Personas in User Experience (UX) design
- Collaborate with the Brand Creative team to reflect the brand in User Interface (UI) design
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to maintain the fidelity of designs in the production final code
- Use iterative design processes and support an agile workflow
- Be creative in solving problems
- Work with team managers on creative prioritization and career development opportunities
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration, and leading by example
- Experience using wireframing tools (Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar)
- Ability to carry out work from concept to production
- Intuitive understanding of core user experience principles
- Expertise in user interface design
- Familiarity with design systems
- Experience in working collaboratively
- Responds well to feedback and critiques
- A strong portfolio of previous Product Design work explaining your contributions
- Strong background or education in Product Design
- Experience working with component-based libraries
- Experience in product strategy and product thinking
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated – with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US-based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote-first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership, and citi bike membership.
We’re a remote-first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block, you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission of accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process, we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.