The Internet has opened the doors for universal, cross-border, and non-violent collaborative effort to fight for our freedom. However, the Internet has also opened the doors for global surveillance and manipulation. We believe humankind should use technology as a liberating tool to unleash all the goodwill and creativity of our species, rather than as a tool to enslave and take advantage of one another. Thus, Aragon is a fight for freedom. Aragon empowers freedom by creating liberating tools that leverage decentralized technologies. — The Aragon Manifesto
Aragon Association is a small, remote-only team of people that span a broad range of backgrounds, interests, and geography. We’re dropouts and Ph.D.s, craft beer and coffee lovers, living across the Americas and Europe, who are designing and building tools to secure and govern decentralized organizations.
Aragon Association has overseen the production of the leading smart contract framework to build DAOs, with toolkits for developers to seamlessly integrate their apps with DAO functionality, and a decentralized dispute resolution system.
As a Senior Product Manager you are responsible for ensuring Aragon is focused on creating value for our customers and our business, making the best use of our resources and prioritizing the best initiatives to achieve our goals.
💪What do we expect from a Senior Product Manager?
- You are a problem solver – You understand the needs of our customers, community, and our business, and find the best ways to address those needs, getting the right people are involved and ensuring efficient communication with all stakeholders.
- You have experience defining strategies to solve problems, creating high-level roadmaps, and communicating its progress. We believe people can have a higher impact when they have enough autonomy. A PM understands the difference between outcomes and outputs and uses the most diverse methods and frameworks to set a vision for the team and increase the chances of directing efforts into achieving high business impact.
- You have experience working with multidisciplinary teams, especially with product designers and engineers. A senior PM has the ability to influence without the need for formal authority.
- You make sure that use cases, user flows, requirements e expected results are all well documented and available for everyone within the organization.
- You make sure your team has a structured backlog to be worked on and is responsible for the team to be working in an organized and efficient way.
- You are extremely concerned about the quality of the deliveries, always making sure developments are aligned with requirements and acceptance criteria.
- You are a focal point for topics related to your product.
- You constantly track the main KPIs for your product, communicating them to your team and getting everyone on the same page. Above all, you hold yourself accountable for the results your team aims to achieve.
- Data is your best friend. You pro-actively search for information and uses data analysis to support your decisions.
- You can help and coach PMs that are not as senior as you, and you can be a backup for other PMs as well.
- You push the product organization forward – improving processes, influencing people, facilitating and resolving conflicts.
- Lean mentality, critical thinker, focused, efficient, no bull-shit behavior.
- You can think out of the box and figure out experiments to rapidly validate solutions.
- You’re autonomous, comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of a dynamic, decentralized, distributed start-up.
- Strong experience working in software product management.
- Strong experience in Agile-like frameworks – Including writing user stories, defining acceptance criteria and definition of done, and getting your team on the right track.
- Strong communication and project management skills, with an emphasis on working with remote teams across multiple time zones.
- You do whatever it takes to ship, you wear many hats and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty to push the product out of the door.
- You prioritize ruthlessly and help the team stay laser-focused.
- You have an eye for design. You take pride in your attention to detail and have an inherent desire to create products people love to use.
- You are comfortable communicating your ideas visually, on a whiteboard, through wireframes, or in a presentation.
- You relish quantitative data and use it to discover opportunities, identify issues, and drive performance.
- You have experience working with web3 technologies.
- You’re comfortable with spreadsheets, analytics tools, and maybe even a little SQL.
- Experience doing customer discovery.
- Experience with mobile applications.
- Ideologically aligned with open governance, individual sovereignty, and decentralization.
- Experience in other domains: Business intelligence, Product design, Understanding of data privacy laws, High-level understanding of the crypto world.
🧑💻 Culture & Perks
– Bold ideas are worshipped
– Remote work
– Flexible time, for real (This role is location agnostic, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Central European Time – CET)
– Training / personal development budget
– Support for setting up your remote work environment
– Casual environment (as long as you wear clothes, we are good!)
– Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
– Titles don’t mean nothing, you earn respect by being who you are
– Work / Life balance – Competitive compensation schemes
– Off-sites (when the world allows it)
Aragon Association is the steward of the Aragon project, a community of DAO creators, developers, and users experimenting with new forms of social coordination and governance. Talk to us at Discord!