In more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase stores more digital currency than any company in the world, making us a tier 1 target on the internet. Given breaches are the number one cause of death amongst digital currency companies, security is core to our mission and has been a key competitive differentiator for us as we scale. As a Security Engineer, you will be responsible for building the security controls leveraged by Coinbase. You will develop and foster partnerships with key business groups to ensure that we’re delivering the right tools and services to the right people at the right time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build/deploy/maintain security-critical services.
- Partner with product teams on security-critical projects.
- Help grow and mature the Coinbase Security Engineering program and team.
- Developing measurable metrics to show growth in capabilities.
- Champion the Security team within the organization.
What we look for in you:
- Significant experience as a software engineer.
- Solid foundation in security topics such as Cryptography, Authentication/Authorization, etc.
- Proficient in a modern high level language (Python, Ruby, Node, Go, etc.).
- Deep understanding of AWS services and architectures.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry.
- Experience in securing large Rails, NodeJS, and Golang codebases.
- Experience in securing Digital Assets.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.