At dYdX you’ll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
- We’ve built the world’s leading decentralized exchange for crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Bain, NerdWallet, Facebook, Lyft and other top companies
- We’re a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
- Serve as the strategic leader of engineering efforts for both enterprise information security and product security organizations
- Partner and coordinate security activities with related compliance, regulatory and quality organizations (e.g., Privacy, Ethics & Compliance, Regulatory Affairs)
- Proven track record of building and scaling high quality security engineering teams and programs in high growth environments
- Work directly with the founder and head of engineering to determine and execute on top level security priorities
- Serves as internal security consultant to the organization and monitors advancements in cybersecurity technologies
- Oversee the selection of testing, deployment, and maintenance for security hardware and software products as well as outsourced arrangements
- Participate in code and architecture reviews of major projects
- Mentor and guide engineers in career growth and day-to-day duties
- Aid in recruiting and retaining great engineering talent
- Partner with developers to continuously review and assess new protocol releases, identify the risks, and help provide solutions
- Assess and lead integrations of security partners and tools as needed
- Investigate events, triage potential incidents and work closely with our teams during these incidents to help drive response efforts
- Review new and existing system designs to ensure we have secure and reliable backend systems.
- Develop security training and guidance to internal development teams
- Work together with multi-functional teams to develop the best overall product.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- 6+ years of backend engineering experience and security engineering/cybersecurity experience
- Experience securing infrastructure hosted on cloud server providers like AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with testing and screening security software and monitoring networks for security breaches
- You write secure, efficient, high quality code and have a strong understanding of CS fundamentals.
- You are a fast learner who can quickly master new technologies.
NICE TO HAVES:
- You have interest in building out a team of security engineers
- You have a strong interest in decentralized finance
- You have experience building blockchain applications, or smart contracts
- You have experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred location NYC
Salary range for this role is $192K to $295K USD (CA, NY, or remote). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.