Hedera is the decentralized governing body for the Hedera network, an enterprise-grade public distributed ledger technology (DLT) network that’s fast, sustainable, and secure, making it well-suited to become an integral layer of the emerging web3 world. Hedera, the greenest DLT, is governed by a diverse group of world-leading institutions distributed across six continents, representing multiple industries, including technology, banking and financial services, web3, education, legal services, gaming, aerospace, and manufacturing.
The vision for the Hedera network is to support a trusted, empowered, and decentralized digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Hedera brings together some of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture and dedicated to values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence, and teamwork. We are looking for hard-working, talented, and collegial people to help achieve this vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About the Senior Security Manager role:
As Senior Security Manager, you will have an important role in helping to define and directly manage necessary controls aligned with Hedera’s overall security strategy. The Senior Security Manager plays a key role in Hedera’s ongoing business and technical operations, identifying appropriate controls against identified risks, and maintaining constant awareness of evolving threats. This role will cover the cybersecurity needs of Hedera’s internal systems and Hedera’s public-facing networks. The Senior Security Manager reports to and directly supports the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
We’re looking for someone with a strong and diverse cybersecurity background who can cover a wide spectrum of tasks and responsibilities from assisting in the development and implementation of policies to being “hands-on” in helping design and implement appropriate technical controls.
As Senior Security Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Designing and monitoring security.
- Analyzing security reports and creating data-informed recommendations.
- Developing reports on Hedera’s security status and posture.
- Researching and keeping abreast of evolving threats and vulnerabilities and, in collaboration with engineering and technical operations partners, implementing effective solutions against such threats.
- Documenting secure development practices to support open-source development activities.
- Participate and manage periodic security reviews and audits; develop and execute plans to address findings.
- Good communication skills with ability to bridge between technical experts and business leaders
- Can analyze complex information and develop insights to support Hedera’s cybersecurity needs
- Experience with secure software development tools and practices; familiar with open stack platforms and tools
- Understanding of information risk standards and practices including ISO2700x and SOC2
- Flexibility on work schedule to accommodate meetings/work with global team
Nice to Haves
- Interest in and knowledge about Web3/blockchain/crypto/metaverse
- A growth mindset and an overall positive attitude
- Familiarity with open-source programs
- One of the following: IT or Cybersecurity Operations/DevOps or software development experience
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant information/cybersecurity experience. CISSP, CISA or similar certification desired.
Location: Remote, willing to travel occasionally.