At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The mission of the Developer Product Group is to make it incredibly easy to build onchain. Our suite of products includes: Base, WaaS, and Cloud. Our most recent offering, Base, is an Ethereum L2 built to scale the crypto economy, the foundation for continuing the onchain journey. Wallet-as-a-Service (WaaS) is an API-based crypto platform that will enable developers to interact with heterogeneous cryptocurrency networks (such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Cardano) in a simple, secure and scalable way. Coinbase Cloud provides web3 APIs, services, and infrastructure to power the next generation of software builders.
We are looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to join the Base team and support the Smart Contract Engineering discipline, enabling and accelerating the success of Base. You’ll be working with us as a Core Dev on the open-source OP Stack, which will power the next generation of onchain activity through the Superchain. In addition to direct protocol and smart contract work, you’ll be part of the team building and running the infrastructure, ensuring the systems that sustain the Base chain are low-cost, secure, and best-in-class.
What you’ll do:
- Architect and build secure smart contract protocols and backend services to connect Coinbase users with the crypto ecosystem
- Drive standardization in crypto protocols by designing and defining interfaces
- Work closely with the Base leadership and product team to set our onchain strategy and roadmaps
- Mentor and train other team members on smart contract engineering best practices
What we look for in you:
- 2+ years of hands-on Solidity development experience
- 1+ years experience deploying smart contracts that have seen public use in Ethereum Mainnet or other EVMs
- 3+ years experience with backend/client side development
- Deep understanding of smart contract best practices and current industry patterns
- Extensive experience with crypto (Ethereum, DeFi etc.)
- Interest and passion for contributing to the crypto ecosystem
- Interest and passion for building secure, robust, scalable infrastructure
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Go
- Experience with zero-knowledge technology
- Contributions to open source crypto projects
Job #: GSCE05NA