Yuga Labs is a web3 company exploring big ideas in identity, ownership, utility, and interoperability to push the crypto and NFT space forward. As The Defiant recently said, “The story of Yuga Labs is one where the improbable has become reality in the blink of an eye.” Since debuting with our flagship collection Bored Ape Yacht Club in April 2021, we’ve created new IP for the ape ecosystem (Mutant Ape Yacht Club, Bored Ape Kennel Club), acquired other top collections (CryptoPunks and Meebits), and pulled off successful events (ApeFest) and partnerships (Rolling Stone). And we made both web3 and gaming history — the biggest NFT mint ever followed by a game demo with record-breaking synchronized player participation — for our newest initiative, Otherside.
See you on the other side
Communications: The brand-builders and storytellers communicating both our unique history and our ambitious vision of the future. From Discord chitchat and GM tweets to global press releases and memorable events, this team works across channels and platforms to define and evolve how Yuga engages with the world.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re seeking a Senior Social Media Manager to manage our social media strategy and execution across all of our brands (BAYC, Otherside, CryptoPunks, Meebits, 10KTF, and Otherside). You’ll report to the Director, Digital and Social Media, and be a member of our top tier Communications team, but also work and lead projects throughout the entire company. You know what web3 social media is like, but more importantly, you know what Yuga social media is like; you can take a look at copy and know which brand it’s coming from in a heartbeat. We’re looking for someone who is organized and able to move quickly with clever and smart decision-making while always keeping our communities at the top of mind. Let’s make the internet fun. You’ll be part of a creative, ambitious, and cool group that’s defining an industry.
- Partner with the Director, Digital and Social Media, to lead social media strategy and execution across all brands.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a consistent marketing message across all channels.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on performance metrics to continually optimize our social media presence and campaigns.
- Lead community-building efforts, fostering an environment of support and enthusiasm among our users and followers.
- Lead and/or support social media campaign rollouts.
- Minimum 5 years of social media management experience
- Self starter, confident in your own decision making
- Knowledge and understanding of web3, NFTs, and the Yuga communities (owning a Yuga Labs NFT is not required, but preferred)
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong writing and communication skills.
- Speed, agility, and comfort with ambiguity and fast-moving start-up culture
- Extremely collaborative and able to manage to multiple projects and workflows at once
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $85,000 to $130,000 in addition to equity and benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. The range listed encompasses several levels. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and market demand. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
What We Offer
- 100% remote
- Localized comprehensive health benefits
- Monthly stipends for wellness, co-working, and mobile/internet service
- Flexible Time Off, localized paid holidays, & Winter Recess (December 24-January 1)
- A vibrant community of Employee Resource Groups (Women at Yuga, Blackchain3, Queer3)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Localized retirement plans
We believe true innovation in web3 requires diversity in perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. But historically marginalized groups are underrepresented in the space, not just as participants but as leaders and creators. Luckily, we — and every web3 company — have the opportunity to bake necessary process and mindset shifts into our company DNA from the early days.
To help build a web3 that’s diverse and inclusive, we strive to build Yuga’s workplace to be diverse and inclusive. Not just how we do things day to day, but who does them and who decides what needs to be done.
So if you’re excited about one of our roles but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, please apply anyway. If you’re enthusiastic about web3 but come from an industry you think is unrelated, apply anyway. If you’re a great thinker and doer, apply anyway. The fate of web3 kiiinda depends on it.
At Yuga Labs, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We’re shaping the future of identity, community, and technology—an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
Yuga Labs applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Yuga Labs applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Yuga Labs Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.