Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
Pagoda Solutions team is looking for a senior software engineer to work on ecosystem critical features and solutions. You will be working through the whole range of NEAR Protocol stack to find opportunities for critical improvements and features that have a huge impact on the growth of the ecosystem. You will work on different parts of the stack including low-level code, protocol features, infrastructure that will create new products directly on protocol level while having a view on products that are being built on NEAR Protocol.
You will be expected to fully own various components and drive their implementation from beginning to end, including the design, the implementation, the maintenance, and the documentation. You will be surrounded by highly productive and meticulous engineers who will be holding you to the same standards.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Discover ecosystem critical feature needs, design and implement them;
- Work with internal and external product managers, technical stakeholders to gather feedback and work with internal teams to deliver product/protocol improvements.
- Work with the multitude of teams to implement features that are important to the success of external and internal stakeholders;
- Keep a close eye on innovations on web3 space, gather insights and implement critical features to enable web3 developers on NEAR Protocol.
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp complex engineering concepts; we expect you to obtain a very good understanding of the NEAR protocol, and several ETH L2 technologies;
- Experience or ability to work with systems-level languages, Rust is preferred, but Go and C would also be eligible;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- Being comfortable with diving into multiple parts of a technology stack and quickly navigating through it;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields is a must
We’d Love If You Have
- Familiarity with cryptography
- An understanding of rollups and layer 2 technologies
- Familiarity with distributed systems and p2p networks
- Experience working at a startup;
- Prior experience with blockchain technologies
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
The base salary range for this role is $165,750 – $195,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Encouraged 20 days of flexible PTO per year, plus your local holidays
- Wellness weeks – 2 weeks of paid company-wide closures
- 100% Paid medical, dental and vision, AD&D and life insurance for US employees, including 85% coverage for dependents, and HSA + FSA options; For non-US employees, 100% Paid private medical coverage available at the highest tiered plan
- Access to licensed therapists and mental health resources through Spill, 100% confidential and paid by Pagoda; plus $75 monthly reimbursement for wellness
- Generous parental leave options; All employees have access to $10,000 in fertility assistance through Carrot
- For US employees, 401(k) retirement plan available (no match)
- Annual company retreats and team offsites (2023 was in Spain; 2022 in Portugal)
- $2,000 Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement