Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented, experienced, and hands-on engineer to join our team. In this role you’ll play a significant role in designing, building, and implementing innovative blockchain solutions for our ecosystem partners and you will lead the way in developing projects, from scoping & system design to development & best practice deployments. As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of problems focused on growing and scaling our global network. SDF’s partners span globally and are some of the most innovative software and financial companies.
What you’ll do:
- Be involved with all aspects of the development process for integration projects – from vision to final implementation
- Scope technical designs during the partner on-boarding process & collaborate on RFPs with the partnerships team
- Establish long-term technical roadmaps & own the partner’s success
- Implement scalable integration best practices & systems
- Collaborate with the team on code review and design, and contribute to best practices for all of engineering at SDF.
- Teach Stellar and blockchain concepts by delivering high quality training to partners
- 5+ years real-world experience developing or implementing software within enterprise networks
- Solid understanding of web technologies: TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, JSON, REST, etc
- Ability to lead technical discussions and explain technical details to non-technical people
- Independent and results driven
- Skilled at working in an environment with dynamic objectives
- You’re a strong problem solver and fast learner
- You’re passionate about top quality code and using the latest best practices
- You build software with your users and their needs top of mind
- You’re a true partner advocate.
Bonus Points If:
- You generally enjoy working on a wide variety of smaller projects as opposed to regularly creating features in a single large system.
- You have a strong curiosity in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies, and understand the fundamentals of these systems.
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.