Our mission is to make financial markets universally fair and accessible.
Who is UMA?
We are a team, driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible. Our goal is to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of financial risk, thus empowering everyone to participate in a universally accessible financial system. We make building products in the DeFi world easy so that anyone is empowered to build and use the financial products they want. Our team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed
- We’re building the infrastructure for ourselves and others to build DeFi products on top of
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a distributed team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors alongside our journey.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system. You’ll be a core part of building infrastructure that makes fundamental changes to the way we see the world today- towards a world where DeFi isn’t just a hobby but it’s a new way of being actively involved in global economics.
- Software Development: Implement, test, and audit open-source client libraries that are used to interact with UMA smart contracts
- Backend: Write backend APIs for use by front ends and third parties to support services across the UMA ecosystem. Integrate directly with the Ethereum blockchain to efficiently process and store on-chain information
- Protocol Protection: Write off-chain bots to help maintain the solvency of the on-chain protocol
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 1+ years full-time experience on a blockchain-based project, with knowledge of smart contract development
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom.
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks.
- We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Competitive market research driven salary and equity
Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
100% Remote- which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in
Risk Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About UMA Protocol
At UMA, we’re making it easy to build DeFi products, and in turn creating financial markets that are accessible by all.
We are driven by a shared belief that financial markets should be universally accessible—unrestrained by censorship, your pre-existing financial and social capital, or your beliefs and values. The economic freedom created by open market access enables everyone equal access and footing to pursue prosperity and build their financial independence. Free and universal access to financial markets is a prerequisite to this free, open, and fair financial system. Our vision is to make building DeFi products easy. As a result, we want to enable anyone to attain or transfer any form of risk seamlessly, thus empowering everyone to participate in this new, universally accessible financial system.