Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As a Solution Engineer focusing on Web3 projects, you will be responsible for providing technical support to the sales team, answering technical questions, and leading the technical onboarding of new projects. Your expertise will help clients successfully integrate our Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) solution into their web3 environment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Technical Expertise:Understand the intricacies of Polygon ID, its integration touchpoints, and how it dovetails with the broader Polygon platform (provide extensive technical expertise).
- Client Onboarding:Assist clients in setting up and integrating Polygon ID into their infrastructure or new projects (lead technical onboarding).
- Solution Design:Develop and propose solution architectures that leverage Polygon ID to meet client requirements (including the capability to reflect them in a flow diagram).
- Cross-functional Collaboration:Work closely with the product, sales, and engineering teams to address client needs and optimize solutions.
- Training & Enablement:Conduct training sessions and workshops for clients and partners on the capabilities and best practices of Polygon ID.
- Feedback Loop:Gather feedback from clients and partners to influence the future roadmap and enhancements of Polygon ID.
- Stay Updated:Continuously update your knowledge base about the evolving decentralized identity landscape and ensure Polygon remains at the forefront (particularly within the web3 and the Identity space).
A Day in the Life
- Your main task is to help organizations who’re looking for identity protocol. Your daily tasks will include:
- Technical onboarding of projects, providing guidance about possible implementation setup and helping facilitate technical design of projects.
- Providing feedback to engineering teams about requests from projects.
- Helping support team to answer technical questions.
- Working with product and sales teams to develop use cases and prepare technical demos.
- Helping the technical team define a list of improvements/changes in documentation, test cases, specification.
- Occasionally, participating in hackathons and coding sessions for the community.
- Occasionally, participating in development of tools, demo examples and POCs.
About the Team
- We are looking for positive, optimistic, proactive, and creative people who are looking forward to building innovative technology, as our team is.
- We try to keep the structure as flat as possible. Everyone is invited and encouraged to take part in all aspects of product development.
- Autonomy is highly valued and encouraged.
- Teamwork is a must.
- It is expected from this role to lead mobile development and push the boundaries with innovation.
- Processes and best practices are products of a collaborative effort.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience in a similar role within the tech industry, with a specific focus on web3 projects.
- Experience in client-facing roles, particularly in a technical capacity.
- Deep understanding of web3, blockchain, Smart Contract and decentralized technologies.
- Strong technical background, preferably with a focus on software development kits (SDKs) and libraries (including knowledge of REST APIs and Docker).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with SSI solutions, Verifiable Credentials concept and cryptography.
- Familiarity with other identity solutions and how they compare/contrast with Polygon ID.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English is a must.
- Knowledge of mobile development (Dart, Kotlin and Swift) and Java Script will be a plus.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.