The Corporate Finance team is looking for a Senior Strategic Finance Associate to help with our mission to support financial decision-making and corporate planning while embodying our company’s values. Your efforts will influence key financial insights and strategic recommendations we provide to Consensys Software’s leadership and Board, and design and implement company-wide processes to drive toward our desired business and financial outcomes. You will engage with product, operations, strategy, marketing and customer success in developing these strategic recommendations across businesses including MetaMask and Infura. A passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, exceptional work ethic, and team oriented mentality is essential for this impactful role.About the role
- Build and manage comprehensive, drivers-based financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions, and metrics
- Partner with teams across the company to drive financial and strategic insight through deep goal-oriented financial analysis and long-range planning.
- Identify the long-term drivers of the business and will develop creative solutions to problems using qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. market sizing to determine product prioritization, organizational planning and its effect on org. velocity, unit economics & ROI)
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize monthly financials and key performance indicators (KPIs) reports for use by leaders and leadership teams
- Lead initiatives that provide strong business decision support on numerous revenue and cost initiatives, return on investment analyses and/or other assigned projects. Act as a strategist and key stakeholder through risk adjusted financial analyses on potential investments, choices, and trade-offs – Act as an operator through effective financial planning and analyses
- Develop a thorough and detailed understanding of both our long term strategy as well as our core product and financial metrics.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Support presentation materials (e.g. Ops reviews, Finance Leadership & Board materials) as well as contribute to other ad hoc Corporate Finance and Operations projects.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Economics, Engineering or related field preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and analysis, with a track record demonstrating excellent technical skills
- Investment Banking, Equity research and/or Venture backed startup experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative – you will have a strong EQ and experience with partnering across matrixed organizations
- Experience building financial models and developing automated reports and dashboards
- Advanced skills in Excel and adept user GSuite with proficiency in SQL a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willing / “can do” attitude, commitment to quality, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and complete professional ownership
- Strong growth mentality to seek out continuous improvement and development opportunities through a growth mindset
- Understanding and familiarity with blockchain and cryptocurrency is a plus
- Comfortable with a predominantly remote organization
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.
US pay range (not including bonus, equity or other benefits)