Ripple is seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join its dynamic Tax Team and to be involved with something new and exciting that is transforming global payments using blockchain technology and digital assets. Reporting directly to and working along-side with the Director of Global Tax Operation, the Tax Senior Analyst will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for supporting Ripple’s global tax operations. The successful candidate is a highly motivated and collaborative individual with relevant corporate tax experience and an eagerness to learn. This Senior Tax Analyst will have hands-on experience on a variety of tax issues both direct and indirect as well as US and international and will have the opportunity to interact directly with cross functional teams including business partners and stakeholders as well as interactions with our external tax advisors.
- Coordinate and manage the processes related to global transaction tax compliance, US property tax compliance and other US local business taxes, including payments, reconciliations, and cash flow projections
- Retrieve, organize and analyze financial, accounting, and market data for supporting various calculations for US and international income taxes including income tax filings, quarterly estimated tax payments, cash tax forecasts, as well as the quarterly and annual accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements within the tax function and implement solutions to automate existing workpapers and streamline processes to be scalable and drive efficiencies while maintaining strong quality controls
- Assist with global tax audits including gathering information, and assembling responses to auditor inquiries
- Maintain and expand knowledge of applicable global tax laws and US GAAP including tax, accounting, and reporting standards for digital assets
- Maintain and monitor Ripple’s global tax calendar
- 4+ years working experience with Big 4 and / or corporate tax department
- Bachelor’s degree or similar college level education in Accounting / Finance; CPA preferred
- Demonstrate a good understanding of US and International tax concepts with good research skills
- Highly self-motivated and innovative and solutions-oriented thinker with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively and work independently
- Investigates and corrects variances, identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, determines root causes, and may partner on resolution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with ONESOURCE
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney, Ripple has more than 200 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.